Monday, August 6, 2012

Living Overseas With Kids - Vaccination

As a family who gets to live overseas, we make sure we get information which vaccines our kids will need before traveling to and settling in another country. Your kids' pediatrician or healthcare provider will determine what you will need, depending on different factors.

Aside from Routine Vaccines that your kids get, you may also need to have the ff:
  • Hepatitis A or Immune Globulin (IG)
  • Hepatitis B
  • Typhoid
  • Japanese Encephalitis
  • Rabies
Malaria is a disease that is common in rural areas of Vietnam. If you are traveling to areas with malaria cases, consult your local doctor ways to avoid getting sick with Malaria. Some of the ways to prevent are the ff:
  • Take a prescription of anti-malarial drug.
  • Use insect-repellant and wear long sleeves top and long pants to prevent mosquito bites.
  • Staying in an air-conditioned room or screened rooms or using mosquito bed nets.
To get more information, contact your family doctor, healthcare provider or International SOS (found in most countries).

        Always remember, prevention is better than cure!

Photo: Google

No comments: