Friday, March 13, 2009

Carrot Cake with Frosting

I just love baking and cooking for my family. Never had complaints yet! My hubby even said I could probably sell the stuff I make, if I wanted to (aww, sweet!). I'm still thinking about that idea, but for now, I'm gonna post one of my fave cake recipes. I used to didn't like carrot cake coz I thought it would taste vegetable-y, but when we were sampling cakes for our wedding, I instantly liked it! We ended up choosing carrot cake for our wedding.



Hope you try this recipe and do let me know how it turns out.

Happy Baking!

TAKES 1 hour
MAKES 12 servings

2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
4 eggs
3 cups grated carrots
8 ounces crushed pineapple (in can)
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

FROSTING

1/2 cup butter, softened at room temperature
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
250 grams confectioner's sugar

STEP 1

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-inch pan.

STEP 2

Sift baking soda, baking powder, flour, salt and cinnamon.

STEP 3

In a large bowl, beat together sugar, oil and eggs. Mix in flour mixture a little at a time. Add carrots and pineapple, stir in well. Fold in nuts and blend thoroughly.

STEP 4

Pour into prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before frosting.

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Combine butter, cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Beat using an electric mixer until it becomes smooth. Spread frosting on cake.

Serve with a smile!

No comments: